Thursday, February 7, 2013

In Rearview Mirror!

 We ventured out yesterday!
Everyone in Vanna and in their new assigned seats!

Sarah is the co pilot!
We have 7 in carseats!
A little challenging with snow gear on!

This is what I see when I look back!
I love it!
My little posse all secured in their seats!

And when I look in the rearview mirror it warms my heart!
They are home!

 Eleven blessings!
Thank you Jesus!

Our outing went well!
A few errands and lunch at McD's!

I am amazed at how well all the children are doing!
Praising God!


Sherri said...

Amen and God Bless!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these photos. They are precious!!!!

Emily said...

Love it! And THAT is one full van!


Suzanne said...

Wow, that is a lot of carseats!!!

Janet said...

Just yesterday, I took 2 of our car seats out, and cleaned out the van. How on earth do all the animal cracker crumbs get underneath car seats? Now there are 3 in carseats, 3 out.
When will you get your bigger van?

Katie Lee said...

Who took that last photo while you were driving?? Better not have been you, missy! (It looks so warm there... but I still miss home! :) )

Vicky said...

What a beautiful site! Mia looks like she's adjusting well! Her smile is precious!

Mama Ds Dozen said...

No room for Hubby and the Big Boys?

I think you need a 15 passenger van.

:) :) :)

Sally said...

Love it!!

Penny said...

Have been following your blog for a few weeks and love it!

May I make a suggestion? Some of those carseat straps look rather low and loose. The police safety advisory is that the buckle should be level with shoulders, with no more than two fingers' worth of wiggle room under it. Otherwise there is danger of whiplash injury, or being catapulted out altogether, in an accident.

Sally-Girl! said...

I love it too!!! Hey give me lessons on driving in the snow before I get to Philly!! It is not anything I am used to here in sunny California!!

Jean said...

Penny- you are right! We got about half mile down the road and tightened up some of the belts- Luke"s and Madeline's!! the carseats are the best you can get for the mid range age and weight- they are secured in by the lock system!

And YES Mama D- we need a bigger van! BUT we are discussing it now- we want the neck support for the children- thinking about the new Ford Transit coming out in 2014!

likeschocolate said...

What a beautiful view!

Candy said...

That is a beautiful sight.

Jennie said...

Oh my! Such a heartwarming post. I enjoy reading and keeping up with your happenings. Many thanks for sharing despite your busyness with 11 Chinese darlings. God is good.

Janet and Kevin said...

Sweet rearview mirror sight! Love it!

janet and gang

4kids4us said...

Yay! So glad to see that all is going well!

Shecki Grtlyblesd said...

I can only imagine the looks and comments you must get going out!

Wife of the Prez said...

My first thought: YOU GO JEAN!!! You are strong woman! And VANNA must be so happy to be full of blessings!

I have a question for you: do you have any children who want to strip down their outerwear every single time you get in and out of Vanna?

And if so, do you just have a firm and fast rule that they can't?

I'm having an issue with this at my house with certain little people. Granted it is not as cold here as where you are, but we take heavy coats and gear when it is 40 or below ... b/c you just never know and if you had to walk or wait on the side of the road, well you want to be prepared. So, what to do?

I keep on my coat when I know we'll be in and out and on short drives, so I feel they should too. What do you think? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Can you have another Q&A btw LOL! I'd love to pick your brain more. I always think, "I wonder what Jean or Pam would do?" You have both brought up some of yours to adulthood, so I just look up to you and greatly value your wisdom anytime you share it! :)