Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Miscommunication...

Hubby and I are feeling a little sleep deprived.
So we made the executive decision to not have anyone sleep with us. 
Just Mia would be in the mattress on the floor but no cute little bodies in the bed!

As they went upstairs to brush teeth, we told them...
but they seemed too happy?

On the bonding standpoint that was not good
BUT
it seems they may have misunderstood their Momma and Babba...

because Madeline was thrilled
Melissa was disappointed 
and Mia was confused?

So...
I'm thinking there was a bit of miscommunication going on!



as it turns out...
Madeline is in our bed



Melissa is in her bed and Mia is in her mattress on our floor.


okay...
I guess we'll go with this tonight!

Whatever!

Sarah LOVED all your Birthday wishes!
THANK YOU, Thank you!!


She had a wonderful day!
It include shaving her legs for the first time!
She has waited patiently for this day to come!

And she got a call from her friend Claire in Atlanta!


The girls met in China!
Claire's family is from MN but moved to Atlanta a few years ago. 
The girls quickly became fast friends!


Sarah picked out a delicious Birthday dinner-
sloppy joes, chips, fruit salad and pop!


No comments on the nutritional value of this meal!
It was thoroughly enjoyed by all
(and easy)!


Blessings to you!







8 comments:

godhasnoproblems said...

Look at all those smiles in that post! :-) Your kiddos are so darn cute!

I think you're going to be able to write a book about all the bedroom "tales" by the time you get your room back to yourselves! Ha! The documentation of the miscommunication (and the glee on Madeline's face) was hard not to giggle at.

Glad the birthday festivities were enjoyed by all!

Have you seen the sloppy joes made in "cupcake" form (ala all the recipes using muffin tins these days?) I haven't had a sloppy joe in years and I have to admit even I was tempted to make those!

I think it stemmed from the fact that one of the few things my mother cooked growing up (she never did...and still to this day doesn't really...cook much of anything! I was the cook in the family!) was what we called "birds nests" and they were biscuits spread over the back of muffin tins (so along the same idea of the current craze, but bigger...which makes far more sense unless you have the huge muffin tins anyway I think!) and then she'd make taco meat and we could fill it with whatever toppings we wanted. Which, in our boring household, pretty much meant cheese. And maybe tomato for me and my dad. And lettuce for none of us...since only the girls ate anything green (and I just prefer it in salad form not ON/IN something - especially not warm!) I think the getting to "customize" our food with just the ratio of things we wanted was half the fun...plus food is just more fun in "cute" (aka small) form! :-)

likeschocolate said...

We haven't had a bed to ourselves in gee I don't know how long.

Karen Twombly said...

Thank you so much for answering the questions! It was very helpful. I am so glad you sweet one had a great birthday! I hope you are back to getting good sleep soon!
Karen

Jennifer P said...

Picture of Sarah - shaving legs! Priceless. I smiled out loud this morning. What a beautiful girl from the inside out!

Barbara said...

The Boxcar Children's book series for Sarah and to read aloud as well sorry just a spontaneous thought I had to share

quilt'n-mama said...

We are trying to transition one of our kiddos to a big bed and like clockwork, we have a 2 am visitor:) Hope you got some sleep.

Happy Birthday to Sarah!

Sammy said...

We've only had two sleep in our room-out of 10 kids soon to be 12. Our first from a newborn till she was 4. After that I said never again, but then, a 2 y.o. from China and I was worried about our stairs. BTW, I like your dishes. Are they plastic? I don't like glass on granite, but don't know what to buy.

Judy Deaton said...

Miss Madeline looks quite pleased with her little self for being the one in the bed! She's too cute to get mad at though:)