Tuesday, March 26, 2013

You WILL Lose!

Dear Winter,
I am sorry to say this BUT you don't stand a chance...
I know you are giving it your all and trying so hard to win.


BUT, spring will prevail and the snow WILL melt.


They are already taking off the winter jackets for their fleece jackets.


Snow pants, hats and mittens are no longer a requirement to play outside.


And as soon as it gets a little less sloppy outside the boots will be gone, too!


So why don't you just give up!
(oh , please give up)


You have worn out your welcome...


Pics are from last week. We have less snow now but it's still not completely gone...

Temp will be in the 40's at the end of the week- looking forward to the 50's!
The air is smelling like spring and the birds are singing!
Praise God for the change of seasons!

12 comments:

anyabar1987 said...

what I hate about spring... THE SKUNKS

winter coiuld just stick around a little bit longer in that aspect.

Sarah said...

I'm ready for spring too! Although I know that I shouldn't complain, living in CO.

Mama Ds Dozen said...

Love the pics!

We LOVE snow, and didn't get but a dusting this winter (which is very unusual). Spring is coming here, as well, and everyone is kind of feeling like we somehow skipped winter this year (just a long rainy fall that moved into a long rainy spring). Sad.

I have 2 daughters in MN, and they are most certainly ready for spring. I want to come visit them . . . and visit your sweet family, as well.

Laurel
mama of 12

Shay Ankerich said...

Bless your hearts! We in Georgia think that snow is beautiful since we never get it. :) Hope you remember meeting me in China this last time. We had adopted Payne and Evie. Finally getting my feet back under me and wanted to say hello!!!
Blessings and love!

laurajonesjournal said...

i'm in agreement. I'm ready for spring. The children love to be outside...when it's warmer. Still following daily and praying as I do. xxoo
Laura

Sue said...

Yep, March is finishing up....Winter get it's last enjoyment comes April 1 it will be warm weather.

Hanna said...

I agree with Shay that snow is beautiful as we live in Australia :)

Sherri said...

I live in Florida where we never get snow, but this is ridiculous that it's so cold here. By this time last year we have been in our swimming pool 2 weeks. The high for today 66 and we're freezing, I know 66 is nothing when you live with more freezing cold and snow, but when you live in Florida and it's basically spring/summer year round - it's NUTS!!

Nikki Benz said...

family first should be at the centre of our Australian way of life, not government bureaucracies. With the rising cost of living putting more and more pressure on families they need more income to function properly and make ends meet.

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

The snow is so pretty but I just cant do it anymore! So happy to be living in the southwest where we never have to shovel it again. lol

likeschocolate said...

Hope spring is just around the corner. We are having a confused spring. The trees are starting to bloom, but for some reason it is crazy cold. That is not normal for us here in Georgia.

Karin said...

I agree!! winter---it's time to say good-bye! :)