Wednesday, July 17, 2013

So so sad...

Today was not a good day for our family...

We have lost a beloved family member...

Our Dear Sweet Auntie Kathy(hubby's sister) passed away suddenly.
She was only 57 yrs old.
We are all in shock and mourning her loss.


Our big children are devastated.
Auntie Kathy was alway their biggest fan.
They could do nothing wrong in her eyes.
She was always so thoughtful of them and loved meeting them for coffee or lunch.
She loved to listen to their hopes, dreams and plans for the future.
She would consistently send things to them and call or text.
We will miss her thoughtfulness...

If I forgot to blog for a couple days she would email or text me that I needed to post.
Sometimes I would post just for her so she knew what was happening in our lives.

She used to work for Northwest Airlines as a reservationist.
When she was in her early 40's when she had symptoms of an autoimmune disease. She has managed it for many years and seemed to be doing well.

She adored our big children and was consistently amazed by the joy of our little children!
She followed us to and from China many many times and celebrated our adoptions with us.
Whenever we would fly anywhere she would track our flights to make sure we were safe and it was going well. She was like another mother to my children and to her other nephew.


Auntie Kathy was not one for being in front of the camera. 
We are blessed to have these pictures of her.
Of course she made me promise I would not put them on the blog...
I think she will understand this time...


Today the tears have consistently flowed.
We are so so sad... Our hearts are broken.

We are crying in Germany (Katie and Andrew), in Fiji (Mark), in Colorado (Matt and Caitlin) and in Minnesota.



This evening we had a sun shower on our little neighborhood.
I feel like it was a sign from our God.
The sun is shining and Kathy is happy but our tears still flow.

Dear Kathy,
You are so loved and
you are so missed....



26 comments:

ourchinagirls said...

Sorry for your loss. You have an angel watching over you now.

Jen said...

Oh! I'm so, so sorry for your loss. May the Holy Spirit minister to you all at this sad time.

Shelia Jacoby said...

Jean, I am so sorry for everyone in your family. What a wonderful person she was and she loved big and was well loved in return. In my prayers as you all journey through such a painful and hard loss.

Vicky said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I pray that God will bless you with his comfort and peace!

Kerry B said...

Praying for your family.

Joy Altman said...

I am so sorry. Praying for peace for your family.

Jboo said...

Oh no -- I am so so sorry for your loss. Hope you are able to find some comfort in your sweet memories and faith. Praying for you all.

Lori said...

Oh, Jean...I am so terribly sorry and sad for you guys. There is absolutely no replacing such a special person...and when they're snatched away so quickly, it's pretty much unbearable.

Please know I'll be praying for you and Jim, and all your kids.

Love you guys!

likeschocolate said...

So sorry for your loss! Prayers from Atlanta, Georgia !

Sammy said...

Sounds like you were blessed to have her and she was blessed to have all of you.

Rebecca said...

So sad for your loss... Prayers for comfort...

Penny said...

So very sorry for your loss. May her memory be a great blessing to you.

Diane said...

So sorry for your great loss. May God especially touch all of you in this time of grief.

Mama Ds Dozen said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

Hugs & Prayers.

Laurel

Sarah said...

Oh Jean, I am so very sorry. Praying for your family today.

Tesseraemum said...

So sorry. Your family is in our prayers.

mary said...

Jean, so very sorry that you have lost Kathy. I will be praying for all of you in the coming days.

Julie said...

I am so sorry.

Stephanie M said...

Oh Jean, we are so sorry. May the Lord grant you peace and comfort.

Colleen said...

I'm so sorry for your family's loss, Jean. Praying for all of you.

Colleen in PA

Hanna said...

Very sorry. Praying for you, Jim and all of your family.

Nancy said...

I'm sorry Jean. What a loss to your family, she sounds like an amazing person who enriched your families lives. Thinking of you.

Janet and Kevin said...

Jean - We are so sad for your family's loss. Your sister-in-law looked like an amazing lady. So special.

Praying for you all during this time of sorrow. We know that Heaven is a better place than this earth, but it doesn't make our hearts hurt any less to have that parting.

love to you all,
janet and gang

Laura L. said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Your family will be in my prayers.

Jo's Corner said...

My heart aches for you all. I was a huge part of me nieces and nephews lives when they were children and I know the bond that forms. I will keep you all in my prayers. It is a wonderful thing to know that you will be together again at some point. Love, Jo

Wife of the Prez said...

I am so sorry for your loss and your family's loss. I am also so thankful you all had such a special lady in your family.