Thursday, August 29, 2013

Listening In!

We put them to bed 30 minutes ago and we could still hear them downstairs...

They were loud and they were giggling!

When I wake them up in the morning they stumble out of bed-
 groggy and cranky...
But that would be only Monday through Friday (our school days).

Because on Saturday they wake up too early
 they are all excited 
to go get donuts and coffee 
with Dad.

(I'm not winning the popularity contest at our house)

We had already called up to them


They aren't listening...
naughty children (jk)...

So I started up the stairs

and I was rather irritated.

As I got closer to room I quietly listened.

Mia was saying 
"Okay Sarah, I am going to give you a really hard word.
Spell box"

"Mia, I can spell trampoline... of course I can spell box!"

After that conversation they began to give each other math problems.

I thought about entering into the room or flashing the lights but I waited a bit longer.

Long enough...
 for them to start quoting scripture.

they were quoting scripture from our homeschool lesson.
Genesis 1:1-5

At that point...
I wasn't irritated any more.
If I was a dog I would have had my tail between my legs...
I sheepishly went back downstairs to share with Hubby.

Sometimes I question if we are making progress.
It's not always visible.

I'm feelin pretty good right now!

Praising GOD!


Stacy said...

That was awesome.
You're right. Sometimes we wonder if what we do is making any difference at all. Obviously it is!!!
Good job, Mama!!

Kelleyn Rothaermel said...

A job well done! Yahoo1

McChesney Family said...

heart touching when you hear but can not see progress. Our girls love going to church and singing church songs. Adoption is an amazing journey !!

You are doing a great job mom !!

acceptance with joy said...

Love it!!

Sherri said...

I so love it...I was just reading that scripture to our girl a few days ago. It's a lesson from Puggles. And by the way your children are all just adorable.

Diane said...

What a beautiful story! Love it!

Susan A said...

tears here, and Mia looks genuinely happy and at home. :)

Karin said...

That is so awesome! I love when God gives us a bit of encouragement like that! :) Keep up the good work, girl. :)

Wright Family said...

This is one to frame and hang on your bathroom mirror so you can see it every day

Hanna said...

Lovely! :)

ourchinagirls said...

I have to look at the photo of Mia standing there. I still think she looks a couple of years younger than Sarah, Emma and (I am sorry but Emma's sister's name has escaped me!) Mia just doen't have the more mature look.

Babsi said...

Well, I would say it is obvious that there is progress in your house. I´m just mostly a silent reader here but you can see the progress even in the pictures. Mostly when we are in these situations (especially with many kids) we can´t see it neither "feel" the progress. But when we step back and see it from another perspective it looks much different. Just be encouraged: You´re doing a good job and you are a great example!!
( I hope you understand what I mean, would be easier if I could say it in german, well, I have to practice more ...)
Greetings Babsi

kimjax said...

Just precious. :)