Monday, May 4, 2015

Hello! I'd Like 14 Strep Tests, Please!


 Sooooo....
once we got home from Colorado
we got the news that
Not only did Andrew have strep
BUT
Emily had strep, too.

Then Auntie Barb went in to the Dr and 
she has strep...

Then Katie went into the Dr and
she has strep...


So of course,
 my throat began to hurt and I decided I needed to go in and get checked!

The only problem is...
I have a posse that travels with me!

And then I began to wonder...
We've spent a lot of time with Katie and Emily...
And maybe we gave them strep or maybe we got strep from them and were just asymptomatic...


So we went to urgent care and ordered up 14 strep tests!
They look happy so lucky 
but ya never know what bacteria could be lurking!


So I told them,
 you might want to act a little sicker, 
so I don't look like a complete crazy person...


We need to take some acting classes...

It was quite the experience!
They were in shock at the urgent care.
I explained our situation and the family members that have come down with strep.
And of course, I had to verify that we were NOT a soccer team but we were instead a FAMILY!
And yes, they are all mine.
And yes, they are covered under our insurance policy.

Once they understood, the nurses were wonderful!
We had to get in line oldest to youngest so we/ they didn't get us and our tests all mixed up!
It was quite the experience!
They put us ALL in the conference room.
BP's, pulse, temp, and swabbing the throat, 
NEXT 
x14! 

They said all sorts of nice things about the kiddos and the children did super well stuck in one room for 2 hours.

We got home at 10:00 at night and we
exhausted
BUT
we were all negative!
(I guess I didn't really have a sore throat!)

9 comments:

Vicky said...

Loved this post with the cute acting! I'm thankful all the test were negative!

Shecki Grtlyblesd said...

That's awesome! :D We've only ever done one at a time in the ER so far, lol. Sounds like quite a production!

Kelleyn Rothaermel said...

All that and not one strep! Well, I guess it is a good thing you aren't sick.

Susan said...

Yay neg, but hope the cultured everyone of them and sent it off as it would only take one lurking case of strep that wasn't detected on the rapid test to get the germ factory rolling! :) xo

mella dij said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karen Twombly said...

I loved the "sick picture"!!! So stinkin' cute!!! I am happy for you that you don't have to do an antibiotic X 14!! :)
May God continue to bless your sweet family!
Karen :)

Greta said...

I have met this family and admire the love and caring they have for one another. The children are valued and are the focus of their parent's lives.
I won't waste my time typing the name of the negative poster. I will share a phrase my Irish Grandmother used for people who judge and spew ugly ideas--"You are more to be pitied than scorned."
Jean--those who know your family can see the love.

Angela S said...

What a wild adventure. Makes me not feel so crazy when I remember having 6 kids 7 and under with me so the 5 year old could get stitches...

sharie said...

Your children are so fortunate to have two loving and caring parents. I admire all that you do, Jean. I have been reading your blog for two years, and we have adopted three daughters from China. Thank you for being a light in this world! I appreciate that you uphold family values, and you are richly blessed!