Thursday, October 1, 2015

Name the BABY!



There's always a welcoming committee at our house
that consists of many happy and excited children!


So when Katie and Emily arrived it wasn't a quiet event!

Our sweet little girl had lots of snacks while she was on the plane!
Anything to get through the 2.5 hour flight!
Traveling is getting more challenging for Katie,
Emily is still on her lap but she wants to move about!


Katie worked throughout the week and the children and I babysat!


I promise we only watched a little bit of TV!
And of course- all pre-school learning shows!


She loves playing with the toys at Nana's house!


And there may have been a few open mouth kisses given to the doggies?
Yuck! Don't tell Katie!


This toy has been around forever and is still loved!


Everybody needs some outdoor time!


Yep, there really is a balancing toy eagle on her toe!



She put on quite the show for all of us!


Nursery rhymes, clapping



dancing


and laughing, all at once!


Whew, what a workout!
Her audience love it and cheered her on!


Then it was off to the apple orchard while the rest of the world was in school!
(We start school in late July so we can take days off here and there!)





Katie met us at the orchard and brought her camera for a photo session!


And I couldn't resist this opportunity!


Emily was first in the log but all the kids got their turn!
See the my side bar!


Kathryn Lee Photography just keeps on working while we keep on playing!


If I take a picture of Luke...


I have to a picture of Joey...
and vice versa...
They keep tabs!
Pictures, hugs, kisses, thumbs up, pretty much everything!


Ava is a very patient and gentle babysitter!
She adores Emily and Emily adores here!


And guess who surprised us at the orchard!
Yay Papa!


It was impossible getting all 14 to look at me and smile at the same time!
They all wanted to watch Emily!


Love this little house at the orchard!


And now,
We need your HELP!


We need a name for Grand baby girl #2!
The parents are out of ideas and the Nana...
 may have taken many of the great little girl names!
We are not opposed to reusing one of the Aunties names- we love them all!
Please post your ideas in the comments or on FB!

THANK YOU soooooo MUCH!!!


49 comments:

Laura C said...

Claire

Janet said...

Elana
In my book, the apple orchard counts as a field trip!!, and would be counted as a day of school.

Kelleyn Rothaermel said...

Beata it is German and means beautiful!

Kaisa it is finnish and means Queen.

Louisa

Ava

Barbara Maloney said...

Jane

N.H. said...

Corinne, Eliza or Jemma

A said...

Jane, Charlotte, Paige, Maggie, Laney, Adelle

A said...

Cora, Hadley

A said...

Josie, Evangeline, sorry I work with kids and just love names!

Allison said...

Selah

Jo's Corner said...

Piper. Natalie. Jo. ;D

Wendy said...

Beautiful pics. Love the little house as well...and, if in the public school, a field trip would count as school. You are smart in starting school in July. Makes so much sense. Ok, onto the names. I love the name Emily. In keeping with names that begin with 'e', how about Erin or Elaina? Or Ella? Can't wait to hear what was picked.

mmscl said...

I love the names Rebecca, Charlotte, and Autumn for a girl. All my faves! :-)

ourchinagirls said...

Gracyn, Willow. Anjali, Shae, Harmony, Lyric, Hadlee, Scarlett
Shyla, Quinn, Caydi, Emersyn, Harlee, Haylee, Wren, Anya,
Ellarie, Ellari, Emmilene, Bellamy

Allie said...

Man oh man I have a great list:
Paige
Mia
Juliette
Apolline
Lane
Raegan
Scarlett
Sage
Hayden
Skylar
Leighton
Emerson
Skyline
Rylan
Rosaline
Adelaide
Penelope/poppy for short
Savannah
Katelynn
Megan
Abigail
McKenna
Grace
Rose
Presley
Morgan
April

Kathy O'Dell said...

Everly

PattiLynn said...

Angie, Andie, Bonnie.

Kimster said...

Hello!

I am from Germany and I am following your blog since a few years! Now I decided to post a comment finally! You have a great family!

There I have a few names, that I like and that I think could match very well! Not very easy, because all of your girls have really nice names! :) And I am not sure if all the names are OK in the USA...

Adela, Alea, Adriana, Alma, Alexa, Amalia, Cecilia, Clara, Carla, Juliana, Jenna, Liliana, Lilian, Louisa, Liv/Livia, Mara, Milla, Marita, Marietta, Margareta, Marta, Metta, Olivia, Paula/Paulina, Rita, Rosalie, Thea, Ylvie, Ylva, Veronika, Viktoria, Valentina, Wilma

To Emily I espically like Juliana, Liliana Clara or Paulina.

Greetings from Germany!
Steffi

Endo_Life said...

Elin

Pam said...

Elisabeth
Grace
Claire
Esther
Margaret (Maggie)
Rose....

Happy name game!
Pam

Jessim said...

Our girl name was going to be Elise. But I'm having a boy so it is going unused.

Other ones I liked:
Noelle
Anastasia
Gloria
Victoria
Cecelia
Aubrey
Cassandra
Gabrielle

suzanne v said...

Sophia, Scarlet, Tara, Nora

Emily said...

Eliana?

Karen Gilliam said...

My granddaughters are Baylee, Nora and Kinley. What about Susannah, Claudia, Charlotte, Audrey, Adrienne, Meredith, Harper, Caroline, Vanessa, Kendall, Brynn, Hannah, Morgan or Valerie? It's difficult to make good suggestions when you can't "try" them with the last name! ;)

Kristi said...

Emmerson
Eden
Emmiline


I like when siblings have the same initial :)

Congratulations to you and your family

Teresa said...

Megan
Brooklyn
Natalie
Grace

Whatever her name, she will be very loved by your family. :)

Tina Michelle said...

Such cute pics! I bet it is fun to have that grandbaby there with all her aunts and uncles!

I love baby naming!

Azaley
Megan
Aubrey
Elizabell
Arabel
Avah
I bet you will have fun reading through all the ideas.

Renate said...

Miranda

Donna said...

Morgan
Savannah

Kathy O'Dell said...

I suggested the name of Everly in an earlier comment but after thinking it over, I'd like to add to it with a middle name also: Everly Jean

From the Erben Gang..... said...

Nicole (Nikki), karolina (Kaja), Franceska (Franki), Julia and Laura :-)
--rose is very pretty too

Waiting for Emily said...

Lydia

PaulzineN said...

I LOVE the names Maggie and Stella!

kat9774 said...

I love Ember and it even starts with an "E" to match Emily.

Unknown said...

Keane or Jeanne after Nana. OR Andrea after Daddy.

nancy said...

Aubrey...love the name and wanted to use it, but never did...even after six girls! My niece used it, and her little Aubrey is adorable. Aubrey and Emily are nice names together, I think.
I also love the name Alisa...pronounced "Uh-lisa", as I always explain our daughter's name. It's not Alissa or Alecia! How was I to know that everyone was naming their baby "A" names that year? Invariably people mispronounce it, but I still love it all the same.
Or if they're wanting to stick with the "E", how about
Eliza Caroline. Ok, this is fun, naming someone else's baby and granddaughter! The name game is always fun.
Nancy

K Bowne said...

One of my friends has a beautiful granddaughter named Landree. I love the name!

DT Enke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mof5blessings said...

We have a Maggie Elisabeth. She is such a joy.

ally said...

From our church bulletin this morning's baby dedications:
Glory Ann
Raleigh
Lindley Kate
Emma June
Savannah Grace
Margo
Mabel Grace
Kenzie Marie
Jireh Naomi
Evelyn Grace
Nora Grace

Terri said...

Adaline Grace
Sloan

Diane said...

Evelyn Kate
or
Emma
or
Faith
or
Grace

luloum said...

hello
I am from France and I read to you for several months. I adopted my daughter in Haiti, and I have chooses her first name, her name is LOU-MIA and I like very much.
here, there is, also, ALICE, CLARISSE, ELISE, CLARA, JADE, EVA, ELEA, LISE, ERIN, LOUISA

I wish a lot of happiness to your family.
Therese

Holly said...

Elissa
Eden
Elaina (I have one of these ;)
And if she doesn't want another E name...
Gwendolyn (I have one of these too;-)
Halle (I have one of these too;) rhymes with Sally
Zoƫ or Zoey

Fun:) congrats!

Amanda said...

I like the name Piper!!!

Holly said...

Halle votes for Natalie, Madison or Amelia :)

Jen said...

I'm pretty partial to Marin , Meisyn (pronounced Mason) and Miller. Yes, Miller for a girl! :-)

Kathyb1960 said...

Brooklin Jade

Meghan Annice

Hailey or Haley or Hailie
Payton
Priscilla Jayne
Leah Gayle
Alayna Kaye
Esther Ruth

kc said...

Evelyn Jean

Nancy said...

Elia Rose (pronounced Al-ee-ah)
Elia means "God has answered"