Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Older Child... and Older Puppy... Adoption! (and My B-day!)

It's a perfect fit for us!
Older child adoption...
older puppy adoption!
It works for these slightly older than average parents!

I have seen a few other adoptive families go for the older puppies. 
At first I wondered why they didn't choose the adorable little puppies 
but then it became PERFECTLY clear to me!

Our kids loved the little puppies but within the first 15 minutes 
two of our more responsible kiddos each dropped a puppy as they were holding them.
All of the kids wanted to do
"what they wanted to do" with the puppy and 
I was continuously scanning the scene to make sure every one and every puppy was safe!
Although the puppy playtime was 99.9% enjoyable I
found myself on high alert!

We went on... to drop three more puppies. 
None of them were hurt but 
it just made it clear what was
the best choice for us!

We had actually visited the puppies 5 days earlier and had a chance to play with them, 
put our money down and go home to pray and discuss our decision.
During that time, God directed us to "our puppy", the older puppy!

When we told the kids our decision they were good with it!
Once we decided, we went to pick her up! 

Their first meeting!
Our doggies at home are aging.
Sissy, on the left (formerly known as Missy until we adopted Melissa) is over 10 years old.
Mimi, on the right (formerly known as Mia until we adopted Mia) is over 13 yrs old.

When we bring home a puppy, it brings new life to our doggies at home!
This is the third time we have done this and it works!
The older two dogs provide companionship, comfort and guidance to the new puppy!

An older puppy is a bit more hearty and less likely to get injured!
The children are really gentle with the puppy and doggies but accidents can still happen.

Big brother Mark came over to meet her!

He is happy with our choice!
Mimi and Sissy welcomed her to the family!
Mimi(far left) is a bit old and probably has no clue what's going on- 
our sweet girl's eyesight and hearing are not so good.

She was a little scared at first but it didn't take her long to adjust!
She loved the big dogs, the yard, the toys, the kids and all the love she is getting!

The cuteness just doesn't stop!

It took us awhile to name her- so many opinions in this family!

Honey, Sunny, Daisy, Minnie, Dolly, Lolly and Trixie
we all in the running!
Plus so many others!
We loved all of the names but decided we would not name her human names!

After all we have 19 kids and almost three grand babies with hopefully many more on the way!
We wanted to leave the human names to the humans!

Dolly and Lolly were hubby's Mom's names- so they were vetoed.
Minnie sounds too much like Mimi and would be confusing!
We loved Honey except Hubby and I always call each other Honey!

We decided on Daisy!
Her formal name is Sunny Days of Medina
but to us
she is Daisy!

It's hard to get a good photo of a playful puppy!

Most of them are just a blur!

Looks like Mimi and Sissy would like to share Luke's snack with him!
But that's not what Luke had in mind!

Sprinter Vans are good for more than just hauling the family around!

I just couldn't decide which pic to keep in the post-
 Daisy is just tooo cute!
AND so is Joey!

We have a little puppy therapy moment going on here!

We adore her!
We're completely in love!

And then another big brother shows up!
So everyone has to run to greet him!
Including Daisy!

She's exhausted!

Mimi has arthritis but since we have brought Daisy home 
we see her moving a bit faster, even occasionally running!

And now it is rest time for our baby!

 What a great way to celebrate!
So happy with our precious pup!

Love this fun loving family of mine!
So thankful!
Especially thankful that my hubby is up for all that we have going on!
"Oh, the plans I have for you"
God said that, not Jean ;-)

Thank you for all of the wonderful birthday wishes on FB!
I have tried to respond to them but I haven't been able to get to all of them!
The birthday wishes and kind messages really made my day!

Hubby is so sweet! 
He ordered the b-day cake, they made the wrong one so he reordered the right one!
And then he forgot to go back to the bakery to pick it up ;-0!

No problemo,
I love strawberry shortcake!

Welcome to the family, Daisy!


Ellen said...

I am so glad you got the older puppy. I was hoping you would. The ones "left behind" need their family. She is adorable. Enjoy her.

Vicky said...

I was so hoping you picked the older puppy! She was my pick too!

Jenny Leong said...

Happy Birthday, Jean! Daisy is so sweet~~glad the older pup was the chosen one. I am sure the kitties love her as well.

doreen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K said...

All the puppies were cute, but I did just love Daisy, so I'm glad you picked her. I can see what a great idea it is having your older dogs around to show her the ropes. I do this with my cats and it's worked great as well.

Candy said...

I tried to send you a private message through Facebook but it wouldn't work. You have pictures of your license plate in your post about your new puppy, which by the way is beautiful. You may want to black that out for security reasons if your blog is not private. Just a thought. I hope you don't mind.