Monday, September 12, 2016

It's A Girl!

And another LOA!

Jacob should have been home by now...
we were "hung up" in the 

If you are currently in the adoption process you have most likely heard 
about the extra time it is taking to get approval (spring and into summer 2016).
New officers, changing guidelines, not enough officers, moving offices, abundant request for more information, etc.
Well, add in a few mistakes by us and...
a 45-90 day wait stretches to a 120 days...
It was painful but it's all cleared up and our approval arrived!
Praise God!

What does one do with 120 day wait?
if you are us...
you find your waiting daughter!
And so we did!
(Thank you D- who just happened to help us out a bit!)

She is 8 years old, same age as Joey(8) and Luke(7)!
We are thrilled to add in a little pink with the blue!
She will be our youngest daughter.
Madeline has happily given up her spot and 
is thrilled to be a big sister 
to her new little sister!

To most people 8 yrs old is...
well... old.
But to us,
 she is our little girl, 
a perfect treasure and a gift from God!

You may remember her as Luanne from TwentyLess!

She is a bright and capable little girl.
She has a cheerful and lively personality!
She gets along well with others and enjoys conversing with the nannies.
She has seen her friends get adopted by American families
so she wants to be adopted by an American family!

And my goodness... that is exactly what she is getting!
An extra large American family!

(younger pic of our girl)
I just want to kiss those cheeks!
AND, put a smile on that sweet face!

Her name will be Grace Virginia.
Grace because God has guided us to this name!
 It took his gift of grace to wait for this sweet child!
And Virginia because that was my Mom's name.

She was born (wink, wink) on my birthday!
Why do I say wink wink? 
Because only God and the birth mother 
truly know the birthdays of these dear waiting children.
But any day they pick for their birthday works for us, 
we just want to celebrate
each special child!

I am thrilled to share my day with my new daughter!
(Just as long as we don't go to Chuckie*Cheese!)

Okay, okay, I'll go where ever she wants to go!

Blessed to have found her!

Excited to share our travel plans with you!
We will be bringing a few kiddos with us...
not everyone but quite a few!

It will be an eventful adoption trip!

We will keep you updated as we progress through the adoption process!
We are nearing the end and travel should be in late November/early December!


likeschocolate said...

I am so thrilled for your family! You are truly amazing! I don't know how you do it and here I am thinking my six is enough, but you keep adding. Honesty though I am in awe! Congratulations!

Lisa and Tate said...

So happy for you and for Grace!

Zanmei said...

I am so happy for all of you, and for her also. What a lovely addition to your family!

Kath said...

All the best as you journey again to provide a loving
enormous family for two more. Amazing joy and strength mixed with big courage.

Kath said...

All the best as you journey again to provide a loving
enormous family for two more. Amazing joy and strength mixed with big courage.

Vicky said...

Jean, I am so excited for you and your family! I love the sweet photos of your two new treasures! My heart rejoices with you! Thank you for leading by example and loving so well!

Jennifer P said...

What a blessing and indeed those cheeks are beyond smoochable! Joshua came at 8 and it was GREAT! Congratulations. You are a testimony to God's timing!!!

Jboo said...

Congrats again! So thrilled for all of you and your family!

Megan said...

I'm just so excited for your family- TWO beautiful new additions! Thanks for sharing the good news! Can't wait to follow along as you bring them home :)

Jenny Leong said...

Oh my, those squishable cheeks!

Congratulations, Jean~~it will be a most memorable Thanksgiving/Christmas celebration.

Sammy said...

The news kids are super cute!!

Brenda Fung said...

Wow! Fantastic news!

Have to admit ,the very first thing I thought was "I wonder what Jean be driving now?"

:) Made my day. Can't wait to hear about your trip to China!


doreen said...

Another surprise! Wow! Congratulations Jean, Jim & Family! She's adorable!

Janet said...

Congratulations Jean. I thought, from your last post, that there was going to be another grandbaby=).
One of our treasures was born on my birthday---that's how we knew she was to be ours=)

Pam said...

Congratulations! A beautiful daughter! I'm so happy for HER and your whole family! Looking forward to following along on your trip!


Pam said...

PS~ I LOVE her name!


Kate said...

Congratulations! Totally shocked. Cannot wait until you get them home.

Emily said...

Oh goodness!!! This is so exciting!!! I just love watching how God grows your family. Here's a big question. How in the world do you fund your adoptions? I have a very dear friend who is working her tail off to raise the funds for their second China adoption, and the money is just barely trickling in. Would you consider doing a post on how you do it? If you're not comfortable posting about it, would you please email me if you get a chance?

Angie said...

She is so adorable and Joey is such a cutie!!
Praising the Lord that 2 more kids will have forever families!!
We are hoping and praying to hear we have our LOA for our little guy. We were oot on the 6th of September. This is our 8th adoption and I do not get any better at waiting.
His blessings on your family!!

ChouchouPoussin said...

i'm very happy for you ! congratulations and good travel to meet her.
best regards from France
Severine mother of two from China

Nicole said...

is it only me ? I believe she looks like her mom to be... I don't know why, but I "see" it .)
Congratulations !

Joy said...

You all are AMAZING!