Friday, December 16, 2016

How Fitting...

That today she would not like me... at all...

Why is it always the Mom that gets blamed for everything?

Today...
We woke her up too early...

We made her leave our guide, whom she loved...

We took her on her first plane ride EVER, 
that she didn't like (although she seemed to like it at the time)...

We asked the new guide not to hold our new children's hands
(because they are not family, they are our helpers),
which she(Grace) didn't like...

We fed her good food that she also didn't like
(but she ate most of it)...

I cathed her... but she didn't want to be cathed
(sorry sweetie, it's not a choice)...

I helped her shower but the water was too hot (not really)
and then too cold (not really)...

I dried her wet body... but I didn't do a good enough job at it...

After a 3.5 hour plane ride filled with video games and unlimited ipad usage
we asked the children not to play them once we arrived on our hotel room, 
which she really didn't like...

Today I got multiple evil eye looks and official eye rolls...

So like I said, "Adoption is not all pure bliss!"

It is filled with challenges, 
ups and downs, 
good times and bad times, 
just like regular life!

Our girl will be fine! 
She will come around and most likely be back to normal very soon.

Our Grace is a talker!
She really wants to talk to me
BUT
I can't speak Mandarin.
I think that is why she adores our guides...
they can talk to her and answer her many questions.

Today was a challenging day for her-
 so many changes, not enough sleep, so much uncertainty
and it's all happening so fast...

I don't blame her at all...

but I also don't like...
not being liked.

Part of me doesn't want to share the challenges 
but I need too.

Others need to see that this is not easy but 
SO WORTH IT!

She will be an amazing daughter!

There will be bumps in the road,
that's to be expected...

So we keep moving forward!
Tomorrow is a new day and
I'm guessing it will be a better day!

Goodnight from Guangzhou!

(Hoping to add pics but I'm too tired to do it right now!)

12 comments:

Melissa said...

Thank you, Jean! Praying for all of you and so thankful for your transparency and wisdom!

Joy Altman said...

I know that you know it's all normal, and I know that you know there will be many, many ups and downs. And yet I know that you will not give up on your girl and your relationship. I get it, and I appreciate your honesty. Hang in there.

Lynne said...

Sending bushels of prayers and love to all of you across the many miles. Hugs xo, Lynne
Psalms 55:22 "Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you. He will never let the righteous be shaken." 🙏🏻

Joy said...

Praying for you all!

Gina said...

You are amazing and I wanted to thank you for writing these posts. I love reading about your trip, the good and the bad both.

Emily said...

And such is adoption. Thanks for your transparency. Praying that tomorrow is a better day.

Kirstin said...

Oh, I so get this! I am reading along as you bring these precious ones home... and praying for you all!

lizzielou said...

Hugs and love and prayers for you Jean! You are a wonderful Mom and she is a beautiful daughter! Congratulations times two and so excited for you! Praying for you all! xoxoxo

Sally R said...

You are in the home stretch! She sounds alot like our Laney bug!

mtnrunner said...

Who doesn't want to be liked? Heck, I don't know you, know you but I like you! Hopefully our paths will cross in Colorado as I am just at the starting line of the adoption journey. May God be with all of you in this time of great joy, great loss, and great big adventures.

Shelia Jacoby said...

I missed this yesterday. These girls are very strong, that's how many have survived (as you know). Their strength sometimes clashes with mom being the planner and the boss (as you know). She will be fine (as you know) ��

Laura Jones said...

This was me and my lainee! Jean, i saw you on shamian island! I was in tears. You said "wait til you get on your turf, it will get better!" And it did. Jean, Im praying for you all. IT WILL GET BETTER ON YOUR OWN TURF!��