Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Christmas 2016


Was not quite what we expected...
We came home from China late on the 21st and hit the ground running!


The children were thrilled that we were home and so happy to meet their two new siblings!


We decorated the house (minimally)!


Sarah supervised the tree decorating while
Hubby and I wrapped gifts!


We purchased an artificial tree for this year and were really happy with it!
Going to keep using it!


Perfection is not the goal!
Fun and memories are!


The staircase came in handy!


Thankful for so many helpers!


And only a few casualties (broken ornaments)!


 Everyone had an opportunity to get in on the fun!


Sarah, Ava and Melissa were my photographers
as I continued to wrap gifts!
They used my old camera-
thankful I kept it!
My good camera broke in China...
seriously folks we have had a string of bad luck
BUT
it can't last forever...
HOPEFULLY NOT 
that is!


Last year Jake was with us as we hosted him~
now he is home as our son!
Thank you Jesus!


The children made posters to welcome Jacob and Grace home!


Grace "used to" need to carry a purse with her 24/7.
Her catheter was in her purse.
We bought her a few extras for when she came home
BUT
she no longer needs them
(because we/she intermittently caths now)!
It's awesome and make spina bifida
so manageable!


The other girls are thrilled bc now they each get their own purse!
The pic above is a bit blurry so I added this one in
even though Grace is not smiling as much.


It was all really quite pretty!
BUT...
then sadly...
I got sick on Christmas Eve morning.
I spent 7 hours in the urgent care with what was determined to be a migraine
(wrong diagnosis...)
but came home nice and hydrated from IV fluids and then
woke up Christmas day,
made two egg dishes,
went to church,
had a family brunch,
opened gifts
and
began to feel sick all over again...


 I was well enough to get a few pics of the kiddos living at home and
the Momma and Babba!!

Honestly, after that I ended up in urgent care to more times and the hospital for 
two days...
But that's in the past 
and as hubby always says
"Christians look forward!"
(The future is looking bright!)


Our two newbies
loving the holidays
and being home!


Nail care kits where a hit!
Along with Rubix Race(game)!


Grace is a happy girl!
She adjusts easily!
No tears, no mourning, no looking back!


Jenny and Ben hanging out playing with Ben's new toy!
I ordered gifts before heading to China.
Everyone got two...
except I think I may have forgotten to push
"purchase"
with one of the orders...

That's okay bc I have a small stash in my closet and it all worked out!


Anna and Jake playing with Luke's Walkie Talkies!

Love how they share!
It's like getting 32 new gifts
when in reality they each got only two!

Thank you Jesus for these amazing children!
AND
Thank you Jesus for our amazing big kids(and spouses and grand babies)!

God is sooooo good!

Looking forward to Christmas 2017!
(I may be the only one at this point!)

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great update! I hope the beginning of 2017 is kinder to your family with NO MORE medical emergencies! How did Sarah hurt her leg?

From the Erben Gang..... said...

So glad you are feeling better!! What a beautiful Christmas post. Please text me when you head out way so we can plan to have our welcome party for you!! Happy 2017! Xo

K said...

You poor thing! I had a feeling something was amiss with the blog silence. I hope you continue to recover and have some downtime now that Christmas is over. Of course, Chinese New Year is just around the corner...

Tammy said...

Merry Christmas to your Beautiful Family! Wishing you & your family many Healthy Blessings!

ZetteLolo said...

Happy new year to all of you, from France ! Nice pictures, nice kids, wonderful smiles ... Happy family. Hope you're OK again.
Christelle
http://filnotrehistoire.canalblog.com

Laurel said...

Glad you all made it home before Christmas. So sorry you've been sick. So.Not.Fun.

Did you all just outgrow your big van? What now?

Tess Jones said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lynne said...

Dearest Jean, I'm so sorry to read that you were so sick. I pray you are feeling stronger each day, and that all of you are well. I'm so thankful all of you are safely home together. Sending wishes for the New Year......much love, good health, happiness and joy.

Lynne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynne said...

Oh my, I'm a dummy!! Yikes - I have no idea how I did it, but my comment posted four times. I'm so sorry for that, and for all of my deletions :)))

Sammy said...

Hope you're feeling better. Happy to see the new pictures. You're something bc I could have never decorated a tree that soon after getting home from China!!